Thursday, July 14, 2005

Kundiman Day 1 1/2

The students arrived yesterday and it was good to see some familiar faces. We had a circle meeting after dinner where we introduced ourselves and it rained. Outside one of the windows, you could see the water pouring down the steps in a large stream.

In the evening, we shared one poem. All the poets were fantastic. We were even in tears for some of the readings.

I picked up Lawson Inada later that evening and he was is usual self: charming as all heck. I consider Lawson kindred of sorts because we know some of the same Japanese American families from my home town.

The next day, we did the usual orientation stuff and students broke into their respective workshop groups. I'm a bit tired at the moment, since I didn't get to bed until around 2AM and I've been up since 7AM. I'm on a break right now, so I may take a nap.

Anyway, I've been snapping away with my digital camera, so I'll post some pictures soon.

1 comment:

Eduardo C. Corral said...

Oh, oh, oh, oh! I love hearing about conferences. Please write more, and post pics.