Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Thanks

Shout out to all of you who've been sending e-mails. Much thanks. I'm feeling much better. The surgeon even told me I could start exercising again (I won't be heading to the gym for awhile, since I'm far too vain).

Anyway, a little love goes a long way and I totally appreciate it.

***

As you see in one of the posts below, I'll be driving down to Seattle for a reading at UW. I hope to see some of you there. Before that, I'll be taking a detour and visiting Open Books for the first time ever. I've heard so much about it, and I'm totally excited.

***

I went on a horror movie binge this week. I watched The Exorcist, House of 1000 Corpses, and Hellraiser. I think I've gotten more sophisticated as a viewer. They didn't scare me one bit.

***

We have a large cache of reserve Halloween candies. No trick-or-treaters this year. :-(

3 comments:

bjanepr said...

ah you're back and doing well. i am very glad to hear it. and now you're comparing power tools with my husband. lord, i leave you boys alone for a second ...

Oliver de la Paz said...

You have no idea, BJ. I think I'll invite Oscar over so he can fire up some of my power tools and have at it.

Christmas wishlist:

14" Stihl Chainsaw
Table Saw
Circular Saw
Air Compressor with Nail-gun kit
Socks

bjanepr said...

haha, ollie. you seem to think we live in the sticks like you do

;-P

um, i actually have little idea what one would do with a chainsaw and circular saw up in west oaktown.

now a very tall ladder, on the other hand ....

and how about some sexy kitchen appliances?