Thursday, April 24, 2008

Falling Behind and Catching Up

I feel like I'm falling way behind with things, which I've been told, is a normal feeling when one lives with a baby. I'm beginning to attribute this sense to a lack of sleep. I've always been a light sleeper, and now my weird sleeping habits are getting the best of me.

Even nights when it's not my job to be the diaper changer, I wake up suddenly at regimented times--1:30AM, 3:30AM, 5:30AM. And it's not even the baby's fault. I wake, check him, and he's sound asleep.

I figure it's my mind working overtime. I've got poems in my head, but I can't really catch a time to sit at my desk. All of this is okay, I figure. Summer'll be here and my scholastic obligations will taper off.

***

Last week's episode of BSG is on my DVR and has not been touched. I'll try to watch it tonight . . .

I've been engrossed in NBA playoff basketball. I so want the Suns to do well, but that's not been the case thus far.

***

Listening to the following artists lately:

Eef Barzeley
Shearwater
Lyrics Born
Okkervil River
Elbow
M.F. Doom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oliver--I posted long ago wishing you and Meredith well with the new baby and the new dog, but i htink it got lost. I still check in once in a while to see how you are faring.

In other news, I sold two books to Harcourt! YA. And I am excited.

Teri from the bed and Biscuit

Susan Allspaw Pomeroy said...

O--3 years and 2 babies later, and I finally discovered that even 10 minutes in the shower counts as "writing time" thanks to the technology of bath crayons... I've done more writing in a week than I have the past 3 years. Thinking good thoughts for you and Mere--and by the time you're teaching again, most of your nights will be close to whole. Kiss the baby!