Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Crappy Day

So, on top of having a cold and feeling generally lousy, I got rear-ended today with L. in the car. But not only did I get rear-ended, I rear-ended the car in front of me. I was stopped at the stoplight in a 4-way intersection when I got plowed into by a lady in an oldsmobile. Her front end's mashed up. My rear and front are a bit dinged--the front end got the worst of it with the imprint of a pick-up's hitching pole imprinted into my fender. The car's still drivable and no one was hurt, but what a pain in the ass. L. was screaming his head off after the impact, but he wasn't hurt. Just scared. Again, we're okay. Everyone's okay.

***

At least it's Wednesday. That means the week's half way through.

***

All that said, I need to pack for a trip to SF on Thursday. We're heading out to celebrate Mere's sister's wedding. Unfortunately we won't be in SF for long . . . in and out rather quickly and heavily scheduled. For those of you in the Bay Area, this is me waving to you.

***

I'm just miffed. That's all. This too will pass.

3 comments:

stacebro said...

Oh, no! That's terrifying, Oliver! I'm so glad you boys are okay. Give L a big hug from the flatlands, and enjoy San Fran.

Susan Allspaw Pomeroy said...

So glad you're ok... car accidents suck. Have a great time in SF.

Diane Lockward said...

You've got company. I did the same thing a week ago when I was up in Massachusetts for two readings. My front bumper has to be replaced. The other car had minimal damage but it's a claim filed. i've got a $1000 deductible so between that and three nights in a hotel it was an expensive trip. Didn't sell quite enough books to cover it. (ha!) But lucky, like you, that both cars were drivable and no one hurt. There was a baby in the other car, but fortunately, I didn't realize that until after the other driver and I had exchanged information. Baby slept through the whole thing. Back to my old rule: No left turns crossing onto a busy street. And oh yes--your baby is absolutely adorable!