Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Joseph to my right, Sarah to my left . . .

I'm sitting in a computer lab on the campus of the University of Virginia at the moment. Sarah Gambito and Joseph Legaspi are with me, furiously clicking away at the keyboard. At the moment, they're giving me a lot of crap . . . teasing, you know.

We met Carolyn Micklem today. She's the executive director of Cave Canem. We gossiped over Southern food and many spirits. Joseph, of course, had two hurricanes (lush . . . j/k).

Anyway, we've been having a great time planning out this first Kundiman retreat. It's a lot of work and Sarah and Joseph have done an AMAZING job with it. We've got eighteen Asian American poets who'll be coming tomorrow for the workshops. I'll keep you all posted.

In the meantime, I'll try to stay cool. You do the same, okay?

No comments: