Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Ok, here's the quiz

Alright, as I mentioned earlier, I give quizzes in my creative writing class. The scores were low for both sections of creative writing. I went over all this material in class AND I even repeated some questions from an earlier quiz. Here's the quiz. I'll post the answers later.


1. Answer the following questions about this particular form.
a. Which verse form has the following rhyme scheme: abab cdcd efef gg

b. What are the last two lines of this form called?

2. Scan the following lines and provide the correct name for the rhythm and meter.

Playing his Beethoven

Higgledy-Piggledy


3. Scan the following lines and provide the correct name for the rhythm and meter.

Double, double, toil and trouble;

Fire burn; and, cauldron bubble.

4. Define "Typography" and explain its use in poetry



5. Give me an example of onomatopoeia in a line.

No comments: