Monday, June 02, 2008

Last Week of Classes

I'm draggin'. So are my students. Thankfully, the Spring quarter ends this Thursday for me. It's tough teaching when there's a baby in the house.

Anyway, the last official day for me will be Monday the 9th, when students turn in their portfolios. It'll be good to get back into writing again. Generally, I don't write during the school year . . . that is, I don't write with any consistency. I've been prolific in the summers. I suppose it's my coping mechanism.

Students . . . and I know some of you read this blog . . . try to write everyday if you can. At least a line. Don't be like me.

***

Meredith got a sexy new iMac. It's got a nice 20" flat screen and the DVD drive's right to the side. It's running on an Intel processor and it's so much faster than the laptop I'm blogging from right now.

It's kind of sick, but we're a 3 mac family. I've got my G5 tower, this G4 Powerbook, and now Meredith's iMac. I'm a diehard Mac geek.

Consequently, I updated all the computers so they're running the new Office 2008 suite as well as Leopard. Things are running smoothly so far.

***

Saw the new Indiana Jones movie. I feel for Harrison Ford. He looked . . . tired. That's not to say I didn't enjoy myself, though it's the weakest of the four, IMO.

Next on the summer movie list for me is The Incredible Hulk.

By the way, did you all stay after the credits for Iron Man? Quite a nice teaser . . . Comic book geeks, you may have to watch the movie again just for the nice little sneak peak.

God, I love popcorn movies.

***

People have been asking me what I've been working on, and it's hard to describe. I'm working on 3 things, though not at the same time. I know they're three projects because they're all so tonally different. It's the first time I've ever had the opportunity to work like this.

***

My chainsaw is broken. :-(

No comments: