Monday, June 09, 2008

Partly Cloudy with a Slight Chance of Frustration

I'm uploading all of my CD's to iTunes. A task which has taken me several months to accomplish. Not only do I have a lot of CD's, I'm short on time. What's frustrating is that iTunes doesn't always upload the artwork to the albums, so I have to go online, grab the picture, and then drag it onto the file batch for the album. It's such a pain.

Thus far, I'm in the 16,000 range in song count and I've gone through 4 out of 7 crates.

***

End of the quarter is officially today. My students turn in their portfolios. Yay. And you students who are reading this, I know you're happy too.

***

We took the baby to a party this Saturday and what was surprising was that he didn't freak out at all. Lots and lots of my colleagues carried him and not once did he cry about it.

Of course, when he got home he freaked a little.

***

I've been listening to Shearwater quite a bit. Jonathan Meiburg sounds a little like Mark Hollis from Talk Talk.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

no, sir, i'm not happy. relieved for summer, but i really liked your class. i would have loved to continue going. :) you're is sooooooo freaking cute. if you ever need a babysitter- i'm your girl. i'm a nanny, so i know my stuff. :)

have a great summer, and i'm sure you'll hear some more from me.

Lee Herrick said...

16,000. dang. I've only had uploaded about ten of my CDs.

I'll check out Shearwater, since you're my avenue to new music, you know. Have you heard The Samuel Jackson Five, from Denmark? Them, along with Thao with the Get Down Stay Down are my current new favorites. I'm teaching a writing course based on political music in the fall, so I'm brushing up on some 60s protest songs and enjoying revisiting some punk groups from the 70s and 80s.

hope summer's treating you well.

Oliver de la Paz said...

17,609 now, Lee.

You mentioned the Samuel Jackson Five in a previous e-mail and I got Thao based on your recommendation. Love her, by the way.

Check out the Blaxploitation music collection if you're looking for protest songs. They're quite interesting and fun.

Shearwater's SO good. SOOOO good.

Lee Herrick said...

Oliver, I hope you don't mind me posting a link here, but I thought you'd like it if you haven't seen it. NPR has a video of Shearwater's live concert from last night in Washington DC:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=91387896