Thursday, April 16, 2009

Life, Friends, is not so boring

First, this:



I showed this video to my long poem graduate students (thanks Mary). I found it to be quite interesting after having reread The Dream Songs.

This round, the book seemed much darker . . . sadder, but I was also more overwhelmed by the weight of it than previous readings.

Listen for the cash register. Also, look for Al Alvarez's pipe.

***

Next, I'm blogging to you from Pendleton, OR. I'm completely filled with a weird nostalgia. The sage desert basin is as picturesque as ever.

Also, it was great to finally meet the great Shaindel Beers. I, of course, butchered her name. For that I apologize.

Anyway, pictures to follow.

***

Finally, I listened to the new Metric album on the drive down, so they're my current spin (Warning--shaky camera):

Additionally, I spun these guys:



The Knife.

AND, the new collaborative album by this rock goddess:



PJ and John Parish

No comments: