Friday, August 28, 2009

Burnout

Okay, whew. I only have four more days of this poem-a-day thingy. I can do this.

***

Watched Inglourious Basterds today with my dad. I'm glad Meredith didn't go because I don't think she'd be into the revenge fantasy part of it, or the heavy violence. As ever, this Tarantino film is about film much more than it is about killing Nazis--though this happens and with great frequency. Mind you, I enjoyed myself immensely because I knew it was going to be a "cartoon," but it's not for everyone.

I'm going to try to watch District 9 sometime. Dunno when. Don't tell me anything.

***

You know how I said there was going to be a big announcement here on Friday? I lied. It'll be on Monday.

***

Current Spin:

Camera Obscura. I can't believe I heard this in an IGA Grocery Store.

3 comments:

Gary L. McDowell said...

Regarding the news you're announcing on Monday: congratulations! ;)

Oliver de la Paz said...

Heh, thanks Gary. I've sworn to secrecy.

Gary L. McDowell said...

I know. You gotta dot the i's and cross the t's. Good luck with it. Looking forward to the announcement!