Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Back into the Fall


IMG_2151, originally uploaded by odelapaz.

First, there's this picture taken of a can of lard in my sister-in-law's house in SF.

***

Sorry I've been away. Very busy these days, what with the new quarter upon me and my tenure and promotion stuff coming due.

I managed to fill two three-ring-binders full of evaluations and other goodies. And my chair stressed that I "streamline" the file, so it only represents the five years I've been at WWU and not the four years I had been at Utica College. Hell, if I included that stuff, the file would be five binders thick. I remember how evaluation-happy that place was.

I had two teaching evaluations every semester on top of my 4/4 teaching load at Utica College. Yeah . . . five binders would be about right.

***

I'm back from San Francisco. It was a lovely visit. I got in touch with many fabulous Kundiman poets as well as Barbara Jane, Oscar, Craig, and Javier. And it was also good to see D.A. Powell at the PAWA reading.

***

Two classes this Fall: ENG 453 (which I teach as a poetic forms course) and ENG 460 (which I'm teaching as a prose poetry course).

I just finished up and printed the syllabi. Wish me luck.

***

Current Spin:

Yo La Tengo - A Take Away Show - Part 2 from La Blogotheque on Vimeo.



Yo La Tengo.

No comments: