Saturday, January 16, 2010

Reading Tonight and other stuff

SKAGIT RIVER POETRY FESTIVAL SHOWCASE
Start: 7:00 pm



Featuring Washington State Poet Laureate Sam Green, Jim Bertolino, Michael Daley, Oliver de la Paz, Nancy Pagh, and Jeremy Voigt


These six Northwest Washington poets will read their “poems about place” at this event to raise awareness and support for the 2010 Skagit River Poetry Festival, which aims to “push poetry off the page and into the lives of rural audiences.”


***

Finished up the Berryman unit in my long poem class. The students seemed much more appreciative of his ordered mayhem. Good to see and hear.

They turned a corner after seeing him read on YouTube. To wit, I think students got the sense of his cadence by listening to him read and talk. Lots of "Ah ha" moments after I aired this in class.

***

Playoff Football. Early still, but so far it's a stinker.

***

Gathering more books for my Ekphrasis class in the Spring. I need more short fiction selections/short-shorts, etc. All suggestions welcome. I was supposed to turn in my book orders yesterday, but *shrug*.

***

Current Spin:

Jay Reatard. RIP

No comments: