Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Back from SF

I'm back from San Francisco where I had a wonderful time at USF. It was so good to see Barbara Jane and Oscar there.

I also met fellow participants Paige Ackerson-Kiely, Daniel Alarcon, Ann Joslin Williams, and my old friend Michael Meija.

It was a great conference. I didn't get a chance to sniff around San Francisco, but Paige, Mike, and myself wandered around Haight and Ashbury a bit.

Later, we met up with Meredith's sister and her partner.

All told, it was a good but extremely brief visit. I need to go back sometime in the summer and have a real vacation.

***

I'm still recovering from the sorrow of losing a friend and the madness of the news from Blacksburg. The world's a strange place.

***

Thelonious Sphere Monk is looping in iTunes.

No comments: