Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Feeling a Bit

overwhelmed these days. We're in the 3rd week of the quarter and poems are coming and going across my desk. I'm getting a lot of students visiting during my office hours to talk to me about their futures, grad school programs, etc., and in the meantime I've got poems to send out and grants to apply for--one of which I need to rewrite tonight.

Oh yeah, and then I have to be a fully attentive dad. I swear I'm getting so forgetful these days. I've been leaving things. I've been misplacing keys, wallets, etc.. And for those of you who know me, I'm usually quite together . . . anal, in fact.

Today, so that I could take a shower, I moved the exer-saucer into the bathroom. It's fine because L. loves his exer-saucer and he giggles while I'm doing my thing, so it's all good.

Sorry to complain. Okay. Back to it.

1 comment:

Susan Allspaw Pomeroy said...

Ah, parenthood. I recommend the crayons in the shower and dry-erase paint for a big dry-erase wall by the garage door. I'm less forgetful when I write things down. Wait until you have to remember that Fridays are "show and share" and you promised the 3 year old you'd let her bring the big penguin.