Monday, January 19, 2009

Here in the Gateway to the West

Landed safe and sound in St. Louis. Had two rather uneventful flights--I flew on Frontier Airlines, which I had never heard of until this trip.

I'm at this very cute B & B a few blocks from the Annheuser Busch plant.

I also have this in the freezer of the B & B: Frozen Chocolate Custard. Never had one, but my host, Richard Newman, says it's the bomb.

I'll try it tomorrow. Right now I'm quite stuffed on Thai carbs.

***

The reading is tomorrow night and I feel unprepared.

***

I can't believe the Cardinals will be in the Super Bowl. They were actually the first pro football team I had ever seen live. I went to see them play the Redskins and it was bloody awful--this was, of course, pre Jake Plummer as a Cardinal, so this is way back.

***

Current Spin:

M. Ward's new album "drops" soon, but until then . . .

No comments: