Wednesday, October 04, 2006

AWP here I come . . .

Spent the better half of the morning getting all the forms together so that my department can pay my way to the AWP conference. I had to fill out blue forms that weren't blue, pink forms that weren't pink . . . Anyway, I'm looking forward to going as I do every year.

***

I'm finally getting settled into my quarter. The first week's always messy with students dropping, adding, scrambling for books and spaces.

I've got a routine now, and it seems to be working for me. My summer was too good to me, you know? Now I've got to rein in my scattered brain. I had spent a lot of time thinking about my own poems, writing my own poems, now it's time to give.

***

I'm sad I'll be missing Patrick's book launch party. It'll be a lot of fun for many lucky duckies.

***

Finally, Project Runway is on tonight and I'm DVR'ing it again. I think it's a gripe-fest night . . . we'll see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Olie. I just met Pat at Dodge, introduced by Joseph and Phebus. He's really excited about the book and the launch, as you can imagine.

Hope all is well with you.

Oliver de la Paz said...

Hey Jan, how was Dodge this year?