Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Spring n' all

With the warmer weather, I've been spending much more time outdoors. There's a saying up here: if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes. So, I've been taking my "5 minutes."

This weekend, I managed to de-limb some downed trees with my chainsaw. It wasn't fun with all the heat and a tempermental machine, but I got it done.

I did, however, get some nice sun and a bit of a tan.

***

The chimney swifts are back. We've blocked their entry into the chimney with chicken wire and some chimney caps. It got a little old, finding swifts trapped in the walls of the house. We had hoped they'd find another place to nest, but alas. This time, they've found a place to nest inside the house through a heat vent. I sat on a lawn chair and watched them dive-bomb another group of swifts vying for the same spot.

***

The deadline for my corrected galleys is fast approaching. I better get a move on!

***

Rumor: Battlestar Galactica will only last for one more season and will end in 2008. "Eddie" Olmos and Katie Sackhoff have said that the show's too expensive for such a slim viewership (this is all according to G4TV). We'll see. I actually don't mind if they end the show in 2008. I mean, there's only so much you can do for a political space thriller, right?

Ah, that many-tongued rumor! There's also this: Rumor!

3 comments:

Rebecca Mabanglo-Mayor said...

I gotta say, after the season clifhanger, I had a worry that they were moving to a 'jump the shark' moment... where they would constantly be almost reaching earth ala Giligan's Island.

The writing has been smart throughout, though, and if anyone could pull it off, they could.

I'm going into serious BG withdrawal though... any news on if/when the Fall BG movie will come out?

Oliver de la Paz said...

Not sure about the movie, but the other rumor I heard was that the show would make the jump to NBC.

Rebecca Mabanglo-Mayor said...

By Eddie's words, looks like the interim movie is still on, but focuses on the Pegasus, which I think will be a great thing. The crew of the Peg were very intense, and the capture of Cap 6 will likely be integral.

As for jumping to NBC, I hope not... I don't think they'll be allowed to sustain the same level of writing if it went Network.

Oh, and the caveman vid... fabulous.