Sunday, December 14, 2008

Snow days in the country

Yes, it has snowed in the Foothills. Foolishly, I left the hummingbird feeders out and now the sugar water is frozen inside them, making them look, very much, like rubies.

***

The snow makes it difficult to go to town, though the good people of the county services do plow the road, the snowboarders start heading to the mountain, making the driving slow and treacherous.

We've been having to go to town for the past couple of days to take care of the last bits of school business and dealing with things for my parents' new house. I'll be glad for a break.

***

Speaking of breaks, it's almost officially the holiday vacation for me. I just have to do my grade calculations.

***

Larghearted Boy, one of the music blogs I follow (it's listed in the column on the right), is displaying its best of 2008 lists. I love these best of lists because I get introduced to things I wasn't aware of, but I also like the conversations it sparks. So in a post or two I'll make my top five albums of 2008 list, just for show.

***

I still owe y'all a post on my manuscript thoughts, but I've been dealing with other people's poems for awhile--

***

Current Spins:

AND . . . The Roots. Talk about disparate . . .

No comments: