Friday, June 26, 2009

Writing Group Stuff Day 5

The Prompt:

Write a poem that incorporates a city or town in the state you grew up
in, but make it a city you've never been to before.

Include a reference to either religious iconography or a national
monument.

Finally, use your favorite brand name laundry detergent.
***

I cheated with the monument and the detergent. I sort of referred to 'em, but didn't give any names.

***

The Poem:

Poof!

***

I have to say that I'm not surprised about Michael Jackson's death, really. After all his surgical procedures, I imagined that he was on a number of addictive pain killers. The EMT in me saw the tell tale signs, just by watching him move around in public. Still, it's definitely a tragedy. There were quite a number of tragedies with celebrities this week--Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, and now Michael Jackson. Rough week.

***



MJ.

No comments: