Friday, October 02, 2009

Catching a Moment

Right now I'm wearing sweatpants, a hoodie, and wool socks, and I'm typing in bed next to a just-now-sleeping-toddler. It's getting harder and harder to find time to fill the blog, and frankly my mind's been more about trying to stay on top of my ever-growing work load while maintaining a balanced life of parenting, teaching, and being a spouse.

L. is now 18 months, though he seems like he's going through the terrible two's. He's curious, ambitious, brave, and definitely headstrong. He's also extremely outgoing and he's definitely an animal lover. Because he's super ambulatory now, climbing, running, pulling, pushing, opening, and closing, Meredith, myself, and my parents have had to keep constant vigilance. So there are some things in my life that I've had to let go.

The yard looks like crap.

***

I'm in the process of filling out my questionnaire and part of the questionnaire includes spots for people to tap for blurbs. I always feel awkward about this part of the process. I know the Mr. Espada has already provided a blurb, but I've got five people I need to contact. I've already gotten a thumb's up from one. And I sent a note to one other, but I'm looking for three more. Any ideas? *sigh*

***

I haven't written a poem since August. :D

***

Current Spin:

Dead Man's Bones. Ryan Gosling's music project (Yes, the actor). Should be a fun album to own for Halloween.

No comments: