Friday, October 16, 2009

Congrats to Kelli!

Give a hearty congratulations to Kelli for winning the White Pine Press Award!

Yay!

***

Sorry I've been adrift. Trying to catch up with paperwork, a sprinting 1 1/2 year-old, and lots of departmental responsibility.

I'm glad I sent out my poems in September because I don't know how I could possibly do it in the middle of this very busy quarter.

Additionally, I'm not liking teaching at 8AM. Oh, it's brutal. Especially commuting with the whole family. We've been leaving our house at 6:40AM. Not fun.

***

Ugly weather today. Really ugly. No walks in the park today, for sure.

***

My dog is so old. He's not long for the world, I think. Currently he's lying on the carpet in my parents' house snoring. What this has to do with anything is beyond me. Really, I'm procrastinating before I get my @$$ to they gym.

C'mon, Jake old buddy. Get up and nudge me towards the door.

***

Current Spin:

Got the new Flaming Lips album. Definitely darker than their previous two or three albums. Hard to believe this band has been around for 20 years.

1 comment:

Kelli Russell Agodon - Book of Kells said...

Thanks, Oliver! I appreciate your post!