Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Calm

The telephone's stopped ringing. The e-mails requesting course overrides have ceased. The foot traffic to my door has receded.

Ah, the life of an academic advisor.

Funny thing about students who want to become creative writing majors . . . they come into the office and I know. I just know--sort of like the Harry Potter Sorting Hat.

***

Tumultuous football season so far. All the teams I pull for are 1-1 or 0-2. It's early, I know, but . . .

***

SIU's ordering books for me. Got that bit straightened out. My guess . . . they knew I was giving a reading at Village Books and wanted to get the books there ASAP. All told, I'm fine with all of it. I'm just happy I don't have to write any more of THOSE poems for awhile.

***

I have a large plastic container in my office filled with Jelly Belly jelly beans. I want one now.

No comments: